The program is designed to increase the recruitment, retention, and success of underrepresented and disadvantaged groups in health professions.
- Participants in the program will increase knowledge of academic study skills and standardized test taking strategies.
- Students will increase knowledge of institutional resources available to support their academic success at the UCSD.
- Students will increase knowledge of health disparities, equity and ethical practices.
- Participants will learn how to identify and utilize information about potential health careers, higher education options, and health professional schools.
- Participants will develop fundamental networking and public speaking skills